To Our Families,
As the situation with COVID-19 or Coronavirus continues to evolve minute-by-minute, I want to assure you that we are committed to care for your pets and at the same time protect you and our team. As directed by the CDC we want to limit exposure to each other, to the best of our ability, while providing great care for your pets.
To help limit exposure to each other I would like to offer the following protocol:
- When you arrive at the hospital, please park your car and give us call at 720-420-9922 to let us know you here.
- When we are ready, we will have a veterinary technician call you back to gather history and confirm the reason for the visit.
- You will then be directed to bring your pet to the front door where we can place a leash from our hospital or take the carrier to our exam room. We will then have you return to your car. Please remain in the parking lot or we may assess an additional boarding fee.
- The doctor will call you to discuss the exam and treatment plan for your pet.
- If necessary, we will allow one person to come in and wait in the exam room while we do our exam in the treatment room. This will only be available if we have an open room and should be avoided at all cost to reduce contact as directed by the CDC.
- If the appointment is associated with a euthanasia, then we would still like you to call us when you arrive in the parking lot. When we are ready, we will call you back so you and your family can bring your pet into the hospital. We do request that you do wear a mask into the facility.
- When the appointment is complete, we will then call you to make final payment and then have you pick your pet up at the front door a long with any medications and written discharge instructions.
We will continue to keep you posted as the situation evolves. Please give us a call for the most up to date protocols or if you need to reschedule an appointment. Please wear a mask when interacting with our staff and reschedule if you have had any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone tested positive for COVID-19 to keep our staff and doctors safe.
I appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we work hard to keep everyone healthy. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call.
Your Pet’s Medical Family at Tall Grass Animal Hospital